Thursday, November 19, 2009

Speculative Fiction [My Future]

2029
Twenty years after this day, a lot would hopefully be different in my life. In my most ideal vision I'd already be making my living as an art director or conceptual artist in the still growing video game or movie industry. While working on the various projects I'd also be managing my illustration techniques, picking up projects as they come by, but doing it mostly just because I love it and probably need the extra money. As art and story director I'd finally get to share my ideas to the world and dump all these narratives onto the fans of our company.
Hopefully, I'd have a great wife by my side. We'd have a nice little house or apartment and if we did have a daughter a good home that we can afford. My dog that I got when I first got out of college probably died by now so we'd get a new puppy for the daughter.

2050
Daughter is in the middle of college so we're obviously shelling out money for her. Still working in the concept business, trying to stay ahead of all the new kids and where the entertainment industry is going, whether it's bio-ports or some new perfected version of Second Life. I'm moving more towards illustrative work and commissions now that things are slowing down, going back to the roots of why I loved art. Wife's still there hopefully. By now, we've managed to just go on a few trips around the world, whenever there was time. We went to see the Gundam statue in Japan that they've finally turned into a real functioning Gundam. Rode it around for a while, but yea not as fun as I always imagined. My daughter's dog died a bit after she finished college.

2100
By now, Final Fantasy would be a virtual country where everyone could run around with giant swords and get into whimsical adventures in. We'd all look great, despite being over 100 years old and save the virtual world tens of times. I helped develop it by the way. We revived my first dog, he always wanted to see the future. Implemented a communication device in his throat so he could talk like that dog in the movie 'A Boy and his Dog'. Most of my organs and body parts would have been replaced, making me one of the many targets of 'natural humans activists', I'll stop drawing when my right arm finally fails me out of some silly human pride.
Maybe if I'm still alive I will either cryogenically freeze myself to see the distant future, along with my wife, or if she died I'll get my brain put into a young sexy real life version of Carmen Sandiego and become a mastermind world thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment